The project’s objective was to assist Fayoum Drinking Water & Sanitation Company (FDWSC) in:
- Improving its service delivery for water supply and sewerage to the entire population of Fayoum governorate
- Achieving the governorate recovery of operation and maintenance costs through a mix of technical assistance and investments
- Transferring the experiences and managerial tools gained in this project to fellow companies which face similar problems.
By the end of the project, 425,000 house connections (an increase of %40) were provided with continuously drinking water and 207,500 households (an increase of %200) were connected to a sewer. Project’s main areas
of intervention are sanitation, drinking water, project management and consumer service.
- Start up of new systems: planning and monitoring, social marketing, sewer connections, start up of the systems, sewer revolving fund and evaluation.
- Applying Proven O&M Concepts in Water & Sanitation: through using open planning mechanism for sanitation; rehabilitation of the existing systems, resolution of physical bottlenecks and feasibility of the UASB technology for domestic wastewater under Egyptian conditions.
- Drinking Water: reduction of Unaccounted For Water (UFW).
- Project Management: comprehensive asset managementfor existing applications, reconciliation of the Fayoum Economic Management Model Plan with the Holding Company requirements, applying capital investment planning and formulating clear policy for outsourcing.
- Customer Service: social marketing, public awareness, customer relations, public mobilization, measures to ensure affordable and equitable services and presentation of case studies.
- Training: training of the FDWSC staff.
- Civil Works
- Project management
share this project