ECG, in joint venture with others, performed the following services:
- All necessary survey, studies, preliminary and detailed designs, tender documents and cost estimates.
- Advising and assisting AGOSD in evaluating tenders and awarding equipment and construction contracts.
- Performing construction management and supervision services during the construction phase.
- Training AGOSD personnel on the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of the project.
- Preparing O&M Manuals.
- Assisting in starting-up and initial operation of the project.
As part of the Alexandria Wastewater Program (Phase I), this project aimed at upgrading Alexandria West Treatment Plant to an average capacity of 186,000 m3 / day.
The project includes improvements to existing treatment facilities and construction of new structures for the primary treatment of wastewater.
The upgrading program includes the following major items:
• New influent pumping station (955,000 m3 /day – circular slurry wall 54 m diameter).
- New headwork.
- New primary clarifiers.
- New sludge-blending pumping station.
- New primary sludge pumps, scum pumps and W2 water pumps with hydro-pneumatic tank.
- New staff housing.
- Modifications of the existing building to house W2 water pumps and blowers.
- Modifications of existing building to serve as workshop and storage facility.
- Modifications of existing grit tanks to serve as W2 storage reservoir.
- Yard piping (200 mm to 2750 mm diameter).
- Civil Works
- Construction management
- Construction supervision
- Cost estimation
- Detailed design
- Preliminary design
- Survey works
- Tender documents
Alexandria General Organization for Sanitary Drainage (AGOSD)
share this project