Studies & Master planning
At ECG, we understand that master planning guides growth and development, and as such is paramount to the future success of all projects. This is why we really give it our all.
Our master planning approach covers urban planning, land-use planning, transportation facilities, open spaces, and public services, as well as environment and heritage conservation precincts; and if this is not enough, we also conduct a broad range of other studies pertaining to air, soil, water, health, and safety.
These studies include Economic Impact Analyses, Energy Efficiency Potential Studies, Environmental Impact Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Geotechnical & Ground Engineering Studies, GIS Studies, Hazard & Operability Studies (HAZOP), Hydrologic & Hydraulic Studies, Land Valuations, Marketing Researches, Population Studies, Real Estate & Asset Appraisals, Social Impact Assessments, Solid Waste Management Studies, Traffic Impact Assessments, Urban Development Studies, and water, air, and soil characterizations.
This meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive approach has paid off. Today, we are the trusted name in the field of engineering consultancy both nationally and globally. And we take great pride in that.see projects related
Real Estate Services for Qatar Railways: Umm Ghuwailina and Al-Mansoura Sites Real Estate
The overall rail transport project of Doha Metro stresses the importance of land development around each station, thus offering a unique opportunity for future growth in the most coordinated and effective way possible. By planning for the development associated with transit, Qatar Rail significantly contributes to a vibrant future for the city of Doha. Not only will new developments and communities centered on transit be attractive and desirable places for living, working, and recreation, but they will also serve as generators of social and economic development in the areas surrounding them.
This project, implemented jointly with TYPSA, covers the infrastructure of the residential areas surrounding two main stations of Doha Metro: Umm Ghuwailina and Al- Mansoura. Perkins Eastman Architects (New York, USA) is appointed as subconsultant for architectural design during the master-planning and schematic design phases. KPMG Qatar is appointed as project developer in relation to market research and financial studies.
Umm Ghuwailina Green Urban Axis
The master plan of Umm Ghuwailina Green Urban Axis proposes a gross floor area of 898,030 m2. It comprises a wide range of programs, including a large area
designated for mixed-use purposes (apartments, serviced apartments, mall, retail, offices, school and kindergarten, specialty hospital, and hotels). Located in downtown Doha, the site overlooks Doha Metro Red Line. A complete neighborhood is envisioned around a system of streets and blocks, with pedestrian walkways providing important connections, as well as a number of office buildings interconnected with air-conditioned pedestrian bridges. Outdoor spaces (in the form of a green pedestrian axis) consociate with courtyards in close proximity to residential units. For Qatar Rail future developments, this is the second largest site area and the second largest program in the master-planning document.
Al-Mansoura Smart Living Neighborhood
Al-Mansoura is the southernmost stop on the Doha Metro Green Line, with Musheireb being the next stop. The master plan of Al-Mansoura Smart Living Neighborhood
proposes a gross floor area of 96,559 m2. It comprises residential buildings, hotel-serviced apartments, retail units, and offices. Linking two station entrances, the site is envisioned as residential towers overtopping commercial bases in such a way that forms a vibrant pedestrian realm connected to the surrounding urban fabric.
see projects related
Auditorium at Ras Laffan Industrial City
On a land area of 34,230 m² and with a built-up area of 3,500 m², the Auditorium Building is located in the heart of the multipurpose administration complex of Ras Laffan Industrial City.
The building’s main components include the following:
- Auditorium and Multi-Purpose Hall: consists of Auditorium accommodating 200 persons, multi- purpose hall for 200 persons including VIP dining area, exhibition hall, kitchen, laundry room, refuse room and store, praying room with ablution area and shoe racks, washrooms/ toilets (males, females and disabled).
- VIP Reception and Special Meeting Section: comprises VIP entrance (including security room with visual access to lobby), reception area to accommodate 40 persons, conference room for 40 persons and VIP washrooms/ toilets.
- Public Relations’ Offices: accommodate offices for 12 persons (including single occupancy offices for Section Head, Administrative Assistant and senior staff; and triple occupancy offices for Public Relations staff), filing room, equipment room, pantry and staff washrooms/ toilets.
- Workshops and Storage Areas: include store rooms, book store, equipment room, pantry and restrooms.
- Parking: includes shaded car parking area for VIPs (40 cars), car parking area for visitors (10 cars), shaded car parking area for staff (10 cars) and bus parking area (3 vehicles)