The project comprised vertical and horizontal extensions to the existing WHO building. The four-floor building occupies an area of 850 m2 consisting of a parking area at the first basement level, as well as electrical/mechanical services at the second basement level.
Office spaces are available in the ground, second, and third floors. A conference room, lounge, and cafeteria are located in the first floor. The building is centrally air- conditioned and is equipped with modern fire alarm, fire protection, and telephone systems.
The project’s most challenging constraint was to maintain the architectural style of the original building, which was constructed in 1929.
ECG completed the design task. However, the WHO decided to cease the project and move its offices to the new headquarters in Cairo.
- Communications and security systems
- Conceptual design
share this project