The United Sugar Company of Egypt (Savola Egypt) sought the assistance of ECG’s engineering consultancy services for the assessment of the existing fire detection and fire fighting systems for its Sugar Plant as well as developing remedial solutions for the current problems. The project aims to enhance the existing fire fighting system for its sugar plant located in the free zone of AlAin AlSokhna Port. The plant consists of separate structures and buildings including administration building, locker room and canteen; refinery building, raw material storage; power house (turbine, compressor and transformer); commissioning building; wastewater treatment plant; chemical store; workshop and store; chemical storage; silos; packing area; packing material storage; warehouse area and car service area.
Savola Egypt entrusted ECG with providing the engineering services for the assessment of the existing fire detection and fire fighting systems for its Sugar Plant as well as developing remedial solutions for the current problems. The fire alarm system is fully interfaced with other systems such as the fire fighting system. The fire detection and fire alarm system is based on Main Fire Alarm Control Panel (MFACP) and Satellite Fire Alarm Control Panels (SFACP’s).
The new fire fighting system incorporates:
- Suitable types of detectors are properly distributed.
- Wiring and devices are supervised in all operations.
- Manual means of alarm initiation for all exits at every floor level.
- Connecting all fire alarm components to the MFACP in the administration building.
- Manual pull stations, audio-visual alarm devices, monitor and control modules covering all areas of the buildings as appropriate.
- Communications and security systems
- Building Permits
- Detailed design
- Due Diligence Report
- Tender documents
share this project