The Eritrean Electricity Corporation aims at improving the production capacity of two main stations in the inter-connected grid, namely Beleza and Hirgigo, which serves a number of major cities and surrounding rural areas. The company intends to produce 132 MW in addition to the current capacity of 151.1 MW through the erection of 3 engines (8MW each) in Beleza power plant and rehabilitation of Hirgigo power plant.
Beleza Power Plant
ECG scope of works includes collecting, reviewing, analyzing and commenting on the tender package submitted by the Contractor. Erection of the new 3 engines include the following components:
- 3x 8 MW medium speed diesel generating sets with the associated mechanical and electrical equipment
- Site works including site layout, fence, gates, site grading, access roads, and landscape
- Tie-in with the existing fuel storage facility
- Tie-in with the existing firefighting facility
- Cooling water system
- Lube oil storage facility
- Control building
- Switch yard
- Water treatment system
Hirgigo Power Plant
ECG prepares a complete set of tender documents with the relevant drawings, data sheets and spare parts to ease the process of issuing an international tender for overhauling 4 generating sets and common facilities.
- Overhaul of four engines
- Rehabilitation of common facilities including compressors, boilers, desalination plant, and sea water pumps
ECG scope of work includes project management, and construction supervision, in addition to on-the-job training for qualified counterpart engineers and technicians.
- Civil Works
- Instrumentation and control
- Design review
- Tender documents
- Project management
- Construction supervision
share this project