ECG, in joint venture with others, performed the following services:
- All necessary surveys, studies, preliminary and detailed designs, tender documents and cost estimates.
- Advising and assisting AGOSD in evaluating tenders and awarding equipment and construction contracts.
- Performing construction management and supervision services during the construction phase.
- Training AGOSD personnel on the operation and maintenance (O&M) of the project.
- Preparing O&M Manuals.
- Assisting in starting-up and initial operation of the project.
As part of the Alexandria Wastewater Program (Phase I), this project aimed at upgrading Alexandria East Treatment Plant to an average capacity of 410,000 m3 /day.
The project included improvement of existing treatment facilities and construction of new structures for the primary treatment of wastewater.
The upgrading program included the following major components:
- New headwork structure for screening, grit and scum removal and fl ow measurement.
- New flow split structure.
- Construction of new eight (8) clarifiers, each of 35 mm diameter and 4.5 depth.
- Eight (8) new pumping stations including four (4) primary sludge pumping stations, a sludge transfer pumping station, a W2 water pumping station, a recycle pumping station and an employee housing wastewater pumping station.
- New on-site employee housing.
- Communications and security systems
- Construction management
- Construction supervision
- Cost estimation
- Detailed design
- Preliminary design
- Survey works
- Tender documents
share this project