What makes us the premier design firm in the MENA region and Sub-Saharan Africa?
The answer comes in one all-encompassing word: Versatility.
Versatility is what allows us to meet the requirements of diverse projects and respond to the needs of different individuals. Versatility is what allows us to innovate and adapt wherever we are in the world. Versatility is also how we always manage to reconcile cost-effectiveness with great quality.
Our extensive range of engineering and design services plays a great role in enhancing this versatility as well:
ECG’s engineering services cover MEP, infrastructure, transportation and process engineering, in conjunction with a range of supplementary engineering services. These include civil and environmental engineering, together with fire protection, lighting, communications, security, and building management systems.
Our design services, on the other hand, cover Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED), Conceptual Design, Preliminary Design, Basis of Design Reports (BODRs), Schematic Design, Design Development, Detailed Design, Design Optimization, Construction Documents, Value Engineering and Computer Simulations.see projects related
We will admit we are perfectionists. When it comes to architectural design, we want to be innovative, functional, beautiful, environmentally friendly, and above all we want to leave a legacy for the generations to come. We also want to bring all that to every possible structure. Whether it be a bridge or a highway, an exterior or an interior, we want it to shine.
Although this perfectionism keeps us up all night, it also pays off. We are very proud of our contributions to some of the most prestigious projects in the region: From landmark high-rises and mega residential compounds, to business parks and LEED compliant buildings, and from acoustics and vertical transportation to conveyor systems and much more.see projects related
Alexandria Wastewater Program (Phase II)
Scope of Work
ECG scope, with others, included providing construction management services for Alexandria Wastewater Program (Phase II). This included the administration of Host Country Construction Contracts awarded for the construction of wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations and support facilities. The intent was to award Design/Build Contracts for the subject facilities in accordance with the USAID regulations for Two-Stage Bidding procedure.
The construction management services comprised the following tasks:
- Review of environmental assessments.
- Review of soil investigation.
- Surveying sites for facilities and/or pipeline routes.
- Prequalification of Design/Build contractors.
- Review of Bases of Design Reports for the subject facilities. Review of criteria for a comprehensive Quality Control Program for Design/ Build contracts.
- Review of the necessary Invitations for Tenders (IFT).
- Review of cost estimates.
- Evaluation of technical and commercial tenders.
- Monitoring of all construction activities.
- Staff Training on maintenance of facilities.
- Provision of claims handling and arbitration assistance as required.
- Providing the primary survey control for the Construction Contractor.
- Providing related complementary support activities to the Alexandria General Organization for Sanitary Drainage (AGOSD) in the following categories: administration, engineering, design, inspection, maintenance and procurement.
- Overall direction and management of the project.
This program aimed at expanding the treatment capacities of Alexandria’s East and West Wastewater Treatment Plants, increasing the capacities of six pumping stations, and constructing support facilities. The program was funded in part by a grant from the United States Agency for International Development USAID.
The improvements included:
- Expansion of the treatment capacity and other improvements to the six major pump stations, namely: Ras ElSoda, Maamoura, Sporting, Smouha, Sidi Bishr and East Zone.
- Expansion of the east primary treatment plant from a capacity of 410,000 m3 / day to 607,000 m3 / day, and expansion of the west primary treatment plant from a capacity of 186,000 m3 / day to 460,000 m3 / day.
- Expansion of the sludge dewatering and disposal facilities to accept the sludge from the expanded treatment plants, and facilities at the mechanical dewatering facilities to improve odor control.
- Provision of additional support facilities, including a training/service center, workshops, a garage, storage areas, and other ancillary buildings and equipment.
The Cordoba Hills Project is developed as a self contained city, designed to nurture healthy family living and provide a unique lifestyle for all its residents. The residential development will be an integrated compound, providing first-class facilities to ensure harmonious and comfortable day to day living. With proximity to urban Aleppo but at a distance from the traffic and chaos associated with city life, Cordoba Hills is ideally located and surrounded by an environmentally rich landscape of vegetation that makes up more than 60% of the land. Located 18 km (15 minutes) from the ever expanding city of Aleppo, Cordoba Hills is spread over 1.3 million square meters of outstanding natural beauty.
The Cordoba Hills project is characterized by its clusters. Comprising 800 luxurious villas all distributed over twenty clusters; Cordoba Hills ensures its residents the privacy and independency they seek.
To accommodate diverse tastes, Cordoba Hills offers several villa types for residents to choose from: Spanish, colonial French, Mexican, and Moroccan the exceptional layout of every home ensures the best use of interior space, regardless of which villa type or design is chosen. Each home will exist in harmony with its outside surroundings, providing breathtaking scenery as well as absolute privacy for all residents.see projects related