Kharafi National (KN) was awarded the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract of Egypt West Damietta Gas Turbine Generating Plant (GTGP). ECG was invited by KN to provide the engineering design services in support to their EPC contract.
The first gas turbine unit was planned to start commercial operation on July, 2012 for Damietta GTGP. Subsequently, ECG set its fast track methodology to fully complete the design services in a period satisfying KN proposed schedule requirements.
The new plant has four new gas turbines with a total rated capacity of 500 MW using 4*125 MW gas turbines.
Understanding the importance, sensitivity and urgency for implementing the plant within the time constrain being a national “on spot” project, ECG quickly set a task force from its senior staff to plan and set the project staffing requirements and the immediate mobilization of task forces, fast-track quality control measures, and packaging of deliverables which were tailored to meet KN milestones, enabled the quick start of construction and allowed for a continuous flow of KN construction execution scheme.
ECG Scope of Services covered the following:
- Package 1: Enabling work
- Package 2: Foundation package
- Package 3: Tank farm design
- Package 4: Auxiliary Systems (service water system, compressed air system, solar fuel system, fire protection system, GIS substation, control s/s, LV transformer, control building, etc)
- Package 5: Infrastructure networks
- Package 6: Ancillary building
- Communications and security systems
- Conceptual design
- Design development
- Detailed design
- Schematic design
- Shop drawings
share this project