The Economic Zones Company (Manateq) plays a vital role in developing Qatar’s National Vision by establishing and operating advanced projects of economic zones. Manateq is currently developing three special economic zones with a view to establishing an efficient, sustainable, and world-class business environment that enables and supports foreign and private-sector investments in Qatar.
Umm Al-Houl Special Economic Zone is intended to serve as a complete city integral to Qatar National Vision 2030, which aims to establish strong industries meeting the local demand. Located at Umm Al-Houl area near Mesaieed and Al-Wakrah, the industrial park project accommodates around 60,000 persons, offering them accommodation, recreation, and public & community services, alongside the commercial and business activities.
As a design subconsultant to Egis within the new economic zone, ECG shall work on developing full infrastructure utilities as follows:
- Four district cooling plants with a total capacity of around 150,000 TR
- Telecommunications network
- External networks & facilities of wet infrastructure utilities (including potable water, foul water, and treated sewage effluent utilities, as well as reservoirs)
- Sewage treatment plant.
With electricity approaching 1,500 mega volt-ampere, the networks shall cover all project areas with high reliability for industrial functions.
- Communications and security systems
- Infrastructure (wet utilities)
- Interior Design
- Conceptual design (for some community service and utility buildings)
- Design review
- Preliminary design (for some community service and utility buildings)
- Tender documents
share this project