The ministries complex is considered the largest governmental setting in Kuwait, it currently consists of 19 main blocks (six floors each) for various ministries offices over a footprint area of 90,000 m2 .
With a total built-up area of 600,000 m2, the complex accommodates more than 7,000 occupants and 13,000 visitors on daily basis.
The project involves full internal renovation as well as significantly altering the external facades of the whole complex, redevelopment of the entrances of main blocks, building a new car park and a new central power plant.
The complex is surrounded by East, South and North parking areas which serve the complex buildings as follows:
- East parking area: a flat ground floor serving 600 cars, to be expanded to a multi-storey parking for 4,000 cars.
- South parking area: under construction and will be served as a multi storey parking for Wataniya company with a capacity up to 2,400 cars (of which 1,300 parking slots serving the ministries complex buildings).
- North parking area: accommodating 800 cars.
ECG scope encompasses the construction management for three main parts:
- Renovation of targeted blocks 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 18 and 19.
- New circulation program for all public areas and entrances at complex ground floor.
- Rehabilitation of the wet areas and pantries (more than 250 units).
- Strengthening the RC of the complex foundations, the RC skeleton of the two existing basement floors and the RC super-structure skeleton.
- External facades of the whole complex buildings.
- Full rehabilitation of the existing ring road around the complex through developing new traffic strategy, new parking areas and infrastructure.
- A new VIP multi-storey car parking.
- New entrance areas for buildings 24 & 34.
- A North-East pedestrian bridge connecting the first floor level of block 34 to the new East parking area.
- A new central power plant.
- Civil Works
- Construction management
share this project