Being a part of Kisumu-Kitale Road network, the 40 km Kakamega-Webuye Road is classified by the Kenyan Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure as “Class A1: International Trunk Road”. The road plays an important role in import/export traffic, linking Tanzania-Kenya-Sudan with Uganda and Ethiopia, serving about 19.8 million people in Western Kenya as well as facilitating trade and regional integration.
The road connects areas with greater weights of business activities including eco-tourism, industrialization, market diversification, financial institutions among other sectors; which leads to improving the living standards of the people in the area and creates potential economic opportunities including agriculture, livestock, forestry and minerals, fisheries, wildlife and tourism.
The project works include the following:
- Reconstruction and widening of the existing road
- Construction of service roads, access roads and market road loops
- Rehabilitation works
- Preparation for pavement widening and earthworks as well as construction of road shoulders necessary as per drawings and specifications.
- Construction of pipe culverts and ancillary drainage works
- Provision of road furniture and road marking
- Construction of a dual carriageway
- Other operations ancillary to the main works.
- Civil Works
- Construction supervision
share this project