The project comprises a reservoir, pumping station, and associated pipelines to supply water to the outlying areas situated 20 kilometers west of Salwa Industrial Reservoir & Pumping Station (RPS) across Salwa Road in Mekaines locality. This totally eliminates the reliance on water tankers in these areas.
The scope, which also involves hydraulic studies, covers detailed design for the hereunder elements:
- new pump house and control building, with all necessary civil, mechanical, electrical, fire-alarm, fire-protection, control, and instrumentation systems
- new concrete reservoir (12 million imperial gallons of usable storage), including all necessary piping, electrical, instrumentation, inlet flow control, metering, and drainage systems, along with other associated works
- 18-point regular Tanker Filling Station (TFS), including a 4-point standby Emergency Tanker Filling Station (ETFS)
- chlorination building and facilities; emergency power-generating facilities; accommodation building for operators; guardhouses; lagoon; and any other associated or incidental facilities
- all necessary wet and dry utilities serving the RPS site
- access and internal roads of the RPS site, along with landscaping in accordance with Kahramaa standards
- all necessary installations associated with the vital instrumentation and automation systems; the telemetry’s Remote Terminal Units (RTUs); the Mekaines RPS control system; and the additional pump house at Salwa Industrial RPS, which pumps water to the SCADA system of the National Water Control Center (NWCC)
Associated pipelines, which are basically ductile-iron water mains, extend to a length of approximately 2,175 meters, including all necessary interconnections, installations of vital facilities, and works starting from the chambers inside the new water station, all through interconnection points, and up to existing pipelines.
Hydraulic studies cover the entire water system of Mekaines RPS, together with the accompanying surge and transient analysis.