The project main objective is to build-up Al-Mukalla Branch of NWSA into an efficiently and effectively operating system that can provide adequate water at minimum cost to all potential consumers. A secondary objective is to prepare a feasibility study and a master plan for the replacement and/or strengthening of the existing distribution system.
- Update the existing water distribution system drawings.
- Implement a leak detection program.
- Develop a computerized mathematical model for simulating network flows and perform pipe network analysis.
- Train NWSA personnel on the use of leak detection equipment and computer software (Pipe network analysis, CADD, Lotus, WordPerfect, d.BASE).
- Review all existing documentation related to land-use, population, weather conditions, etc.
- Prepare the Master Plan for Al-Mukalla Water Supply System and recommend the required network rehabilitation and reinforcement implementation program.
Types of activities